Thursday, June 28, 2012

We went to the Boise Zoo...I think I was seeing the zoo after years. The last time I saw a zoo must have been when I was a child. Around 2002 or so I did see the safari zoo at Bangalore....but I was seeing a regular zoo after years. And I think this was the first time my children were visiting one. Here are some pictures from there.

This one was very interested in everything I was doing...every move I made while trying to get a good angle with my camera. He turned and twisted his head so much, that I had a difficult time getting his eye in the camera. His mate was least interested and ignored me. LOL!

It was a little bit of a problem taking this picture because the Bald Eagles were really far, and the mesh of the cage had small gaps. So I got this one inside one of the gaps, and then cropped the eagle out of the original picture.

I waited for the longest time, but the tiger refused to look at me! LOL! So we have to make do with his/her profile.

The king sat and ignored his queens....

His queens ignored him too, and decided to groom each other.

One of the queens even thought he was a bit boring. Or maybe she thought we were boring...the ones on the other side of the glass. :-P

The Sloth Bear. It was sooooo hot that day, I couldn't fathom how a bear can bear this much heat!

And this Canadian Gooseling was not caged...it was a free bird. And it was walking somewhere with great determination. A bird on a mission! I had to capture this one!

I hope to go on another safari trip soon...

4 comments:

Swati said...

Thank you Bookishtimes!! :-))

Unknown said...

awesome, Swati :) totally loved the last snap...she is so cute :)
btw, i need your help. i'm planning to buy a DSLR but donno much about it. i wanna go for canon but will check out with nikon prices too.
but, the thing i want you to tell me is what's the D in the specifications - 550D DSLR and such. I really need to know some basics of it.

Swati said...

Hiya Swati! Thanks for your comment! :-)You know what....I don't really know what the D in the D5100 etc stands for. Digital? However, a great site to compare and read reviews and get to know all about digital cameras would be dpreview.com. Check it out :-). And let me know what you decide to get! Btw, your blog is not in this blogroll. I added that in my health blog's blogroll, because that is where I am dealing with health and beauty issues :-). Your blog is truly a wealth of info.

Unknown said...

thanks a lot Swati...don't worry about the blog role...and, thanks for the site...its a whole lot of info to digest!!! will read it at leisure.